Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Cornell Note Taking System: Tips and Examples

From of my alma maters, the University of North Carolina at Greensboro, comes the following handouts, tips, and example of the Cornell note taking system. It works; use it. Since I'm teaching the Cornell system as a genre of writing this semester, I'll be looking for folks to be using the system in their class notes.

From the UNCG website:

Good Note-taking

Lecture notes can be a critical tool for preparing for exams. The following handouts provide tips on how to recall more information from your lectures through active listening and purposeful note-taking.

Cornell Note Taking Method
Example of Cornell Method
Note Taking Tips
Taking Good Class Notes

Instructify, one of my favorite blogs, pointed me to these resources. (Please note the informal citation and acknowledgment of my debt to one else and their work.)

No comments: